Solar Thermal Engineer
Sector: Green Jobs
Sub-Sector: Renewable Energy
Occupation: Design, Installation, and Maintenance
Job Description and Summary
Greenhouse Solar Dryer is one of the innovative sustainable solutions Bernard Business Consulting (BBC) developed. The innovative product was developed to help our first client in Sarawak, Malaysia, solve their problem of searching for an affordable, safe, and effective food drying solution. We aim to become the most recognised and sustainable natural solar dryer worldwide. Learn more about Greenhouse Solar Dryer: https://www.greenhousesolardryer.com/
Continuous improvement and entrepreneurial spirit are at the core of BBC’s efforts to continue advancing our products and services to help our clients. We partner and collaborate with the top solar technology company in the world, CONA Solar, to provide customised solutions that cater to our clients’ needs. We are looking for talented solar thermal engineers to help us develop and expand this sustainable, innovative solution to more businesses and organisations in need in the region.
- Identify the need for heat at specific temperatures for various industrial processes.
- Determine the solar thermal technologies capable of supplying that heat with varying costs and efficiency.
- Survey the open ground or roof space suitable for installing the chosen solar thermal technologies.
- Install the system and integrate it with the current heat source.
- Regular maintenance ensures the optimum condition of the system.
This job requires the individual to oversee the installation and maintenance of solar thermal plants and ensure they are completed without any accidents. So, diligence and hard work are desired attributes for individuals performing this role. He/She must also demonstrate a strong work ethic and an ability to communicate courteously with co-workers, subordinates, and superiors.
- Minimum educational qualifications: B.E. or B.Tech. (Mechanical/Chemical/Civil)
- Having business or entrepreneurial experience will be a plus while not necessary. As a solar thermal consultant for industrial process heat, you will develop entrepreneurial skills for starting and managing new businesses.
- We need to work around the clock, beyond 8 a.m.–5 p.m., because our clients are from different time zones and on weekends too.
- Our job requires intensive travel. We might receive a request, and in a few days, you will be out of the state or country, sometimes for weeks.
- Our creativity in solving environmental problems is our key strength for client choice. We wear the entrepreneur hat and fly like free birds with our ideas. Most of all, we walk the talk. We create the solution, whether DIY or manufactured and our mission is accomplished until we get it.
Share this job
Learn more about our people
About Bernard Business Consulting (BBC)
BBC is a leading sustainability consulting firm based in Malaysia. We are a team of practitioners implementing sustainable innovative solutions for sustainability.