ISO 20121 - Event Sustainability Management Systems
What is ISO 20121?
ISO 20121 is the standard that specifies the requirements for event sustainability management systems. The standard applies to any type of event and event-related activity. Organisations and businesses prioritise sustainability while organising events. Organisations and businesses can minimise their negative environmental and community impact. Hence, you could maximise your performance and energy efficiency to satisfy your stakeholders’ needs.
Who can use ISO 20121?
ISO 20121 applies to all businesses and organisations that want to establish, implement, and improve an event sustainability management system. Secondly, the organisations wishing to ensure the event activities conform to their sustainable development policy or ESG strategy can deploy ISO 20121.
What are the benefits of using ISO 20121?
Some of the benefits of applying ISO 20121 include the following:
- Improve event planning and management system
- Implement and maintain best practices for higher levels of efficiency and productivity for event
- Clear responsibility guidelines for the organisations, staff, contractors and suppliers
- Increase cost efficiency through energy and cost management
- Improve brand reputation and competitive advantage